How Can I Quickly Remove Water Damage from My Los Angeles Hotel?
When plumbing breaks occur within between the ceiling and floor of the above level, the result can be substantial water damage that must be addressed immediately.
Plumbing tucked between the floor of an upper level and the ceiling of the main story in your Los Angeles hotel might be aesthetically pleasing, but can also lead to some widespread loss effects should a plumbing break occur. Addressing these concerns as quickly as possible can help both of the building's affected stories get better protected from the spreading damage. Our fast-responding SERVPRO technicians can help.
Our professionals can work fast to begin water cleanup in Los Angeleshotels like yours, thanks to our experience with commercial losses to our extensive inventory of extractors, drying units, and cleaning products. As you might expect, little of the restoration can begin in your lobby or guest rooms until our professionals recognize what all materials have become affected by this plumbing breach and determine where this break in the utilities has occurred.
How Bad is the Damage?
Job scoping is a vital process for our responding SERVPRO technicians, as it showcases much of the current situation and details the necessary tools and personnel required to restore it. We have many sophisticated tools and technologies developed exclusively to help evaluate moisture damage and dampness pockets beyond the surface to reduce the need for unnecessary controlled demolition and later reconstruction. Some of the information that we can catalog from thorough job scoping include:
- Water migration - An objective of thoroughly evaluating moisture content beyond the surface materials is to show where water migration occurs and what structural elements might have become impacted without yet showing signs of damage.
- Affected materials - Probing meters and surface moisture sensors can indicate where moisture exists and which materials are most impacted. Higher concentrations narrow the search field for the plumbing break, and it can show where controlled demolition might be necessary.
- Irreparable damage - An inspection of the area can identify sagging materials, bloating of ceiling tiles, and other clear indications of water damage. These materials must often get discarded and later replaced.
Can Affected Materials Get Protected?
Just because structural materials like the ceiling in your hotel lobby get damaged by the water does not mean that they are beyond restoration. It is always the priority of our responding technicians to restore before replacement when it is cost-effective and possible to do this. With that in mind, specific tools can help to manage these pressing loss concerns to prevent unnecessary controlled demolition and repairs. Some of these include:
- Injecti-Dry System - A positive pressure system that used multiple small hoses to inject heated air into structural cavities like the ceiling system. Without excessive water, this Inject-Dry approach can significantly increase evaporative rates.
- Air Movers - Where portions of the ceiling area have become exposed, centrifugal air movers can get positioned on saturated materials to evaporate surface moisture and trapped water.
- Dehumidifiers - Evaporation can cause a rise in the humidity of the hotel, making desiccant and low-grain refrigerant (LGR) dehumidifiers a valuable addition to the drying process.
What Can Effective Containment Do for Your Hotel?
Physical barriers help to isolate areas in need of drying. With a wooden framework and poly sheeting, we can prevent the continued spread of loss effects, including migrating water, microbial concerns, and even residues that must get cleaned. Containment strategies are also vital for your business model during this time of restoration. Some of the ways that quickly establishing containment barriers in the hotel can help include:
- Keep your doors open
- Prevent traffic in the work area
- Allow our technicians to work around the clock to solve the issue
What if Demolition is Necessary?
We have an in-house team of qualified commercial contractors that can help with even substantial loss incidents. We can work quickly to establish the appropriate controlled demolition to limit discarded materials and make build back more efficient and cost-effective. From insulation vacuums to remove these wet materials to discarding sagging drywall on the ceiling, we can work to rebuild these areas "Like it never even happened."
When plumbing breaches occur between the floors of your hotel, many of your guests and communal areas can become affected. Our SERVPRO of Silver Lake / Echo Park professionals can respond quickly to these emergencies with the tools and experience to help. Give us a call anytime that you need us at (213) 628-2000.