Is My Fire Los Angeles Damage Considered Major or Minor?
SERVPRO Understands Your Los Angeles Home is Important and Handles All Types of Damage by Fire
Any fire is devastating to the family involved, but some determinations classify the damage done to the structure. Different methods for cleaning and restoration depend upon how extensive the fire was in Los Angeles.
What are the three levels of fire damage?
If you need fire damage restoration in Los Angeles, SERVPRO's fire and smoke restoration technicians (FSRT) provide emergency mitigation fast. The level of damage done dictates the type of cleaning and restoration that will be utilized in your home to leave it "Like it never even happened."
- Minor Fire Damage – Smoke residue is contained in smaller areas and leaves a light to a moderate residue. Walls and ceilings need repainting, but only minor items need replacing.
- Medium Fire Damage – More extensive smoke damage through the house. The residue is worse. Items like furniture may need replacing. Wood surfaces require refinishing. Odors linger and are more potent.
- Major Fire Damage- Damage is extensive, and interior walls, support beams, and ceilings need replacing. Smoke residue is widespread, and odors are overwhelming. The home is boarded up, and contents removed to our cleaning facilities.
Giving You Back Your Home
With our extensive fire damage restoration methods, we return your home to you. FSRT teams apply the cleaning methods that will work best for your level of loss.
- Wet & Dry Cleaning – all levels of fire damage and includes cleaning personal belongings, furniture, and structure. Dry cleaning gets used for porous, non-washable surfaces. It's the primary method for minor damage.
- Airborne Scrubbers– used to remove air particulates.
- Immersion Cleaning – cleans smoked damaged non-porous items
- Thermal Foggers – neutralizes odors and works on porous items
- Specialty Restoration – includes documentation restoration, electronic repair, and other types of unique situations.
- Water Extraction – water damage is a problem when there is a fire, so steps to remove are implemented.
Contact SERVPRO of Silver Lake / Echo Park at (213) 628-2000 for fire and smoke restoration. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Click here for more information about Los Angeles.