SERVPRO Remains the First Choice Amongst Los Angeles Residents for Water Damage Mitigation of Their Homes
Local Los Angeles Residents Look to SERVPRO for Water Cleanup and Restoration
Los Angeles is perhaps the most well-known city in the world, let alone the United States. Often dubbed as the 'Creative Capital of the World', it is estimated that one in every six residents of the city is employed in the creative industry. The performing arts have a special place in the cultural history of the city. The Los Angeles Music Center attracts more than 1.3 million patrons every year. The Hollywood neighborhood of Los Angeles is the epicenter of the motion picture and television industry. Most renowned film studios and record labels call the city their home.
Museums and art galleries are also a part of the city's cultural identity. The city holds the record of having the highest number of museums per capita than any other US city. The Getty Center, Natural History Museum, and the Museum of Contemporary Art are famous worldwide.
Professional Sports in Los Angeles
As many as 11 professional sports teams use Los Angeles in their name. The city has a team in all major professional sporting events, including baseball (MLB), football (NFL), basketball (NBA and WNBA), soccer (MLS), and hockey (NHL). Los Angeles is all set to host the 2028 summer Olympics as well. The city also has some of the most iconic sports venues, including:
- The Dodger Stadium: Home of the MLB's LA Dodgers; it is the world's largest baseball stadium by capacity and can accommodate as many as 56,000 fans.
- The Staples Center: A multipurpose sporting arena, it is home to the LA Kings of the NHL and LA Lakers and LA Clippers of the NBA. The arena seats about 20,000 people each for hockey and basketball games.
- Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum: A multipurpose outdoor stadium and home to the University of Southern California (USC) and Trojans Football team (Pac-12 conference). It has a seating capacity of 77,000 people. Before its renovation began in 2018, it had the distinction of being the largest football stadium by capacity in NFL history.
Why do SERVPRO's Water Cleanup Experts in Los Angeles use Dehumidifiers?
Water damage at your Los Angeles home can occur due to many reasons, including:
- Burst pipes
- Ceiling leaks
- Basement flooding
Whatever the cause, restoring the moisture level to preloss condition is the top priority during water damage restoration. The lingering moisture can lead to serious secondary issues if the restorers don't remove it efficiently. SERVPRO experts use dehumidifiers to remove this excess moisture during the water cleanup process. The three types of dehumidifiers we use include the following:
- Conventional Refrigerant Dehumidifiers: Work similar to an air conditioner. A refrigerant cools the dehumidifier's coils, and as the moist air moves over these coils, the moisture condenses, and liquid water is collected in a tank and pumped out of the building.
- Low Grain Refrigerant (LGR) Dehumidifiers: Can dry a place to a lower humidity ratio as it contains a pre-cooling component. The LGR units are also more energy-efficient compared to the conventional units.
- Desiccant Dehumidifiers: Use chemicals (Desiccants) that can absorb moisture from the air. Desiccant dehumidifiers are more efficient than refrigerant dehumidifiers.
Call SERVPRO of Silver Lake / Echo Park at (213) 628-2000 for water damage mitigation in your Los Angeles home.