Fire Damage – Silver Lake Home
Fire damage at this Silver Lake Home was the result of an electrical arc in the wiring in the attic. Some stored items caught fire and began the blaze. The fire burnt through the roof and the fire fighters had to tear out the ceiling in the kitchen area to fully extinguish the fire and make sure there were no remaining burning embers. Our SERVPRO of Silver Lake / Echo Park fire restoration technicians immediately removed all the charred debris and disposed of it properly.
We cleaned up the water left behind from the firefighting effort and then moved on to deal with the soot and smoke damage throughout the house. Fortunately, this was a dry smoke fire with very little oily soot, so the wipe down of the walls and ceilings was not too difficult. The homeowners had been put up in a hotel by the insurance company, so the house was vacant allowing us to do a whole-house thermal fogging to eliminate the smoke odors left by the fire. Once this was finished, the reconstruction phase was ready to begin.